Every small step towards cleaner air by any individual resident can help.
Will you make a pledge in advance of the day, no matter how small it may seem? Are you happy to share news of your pledge with others?
You may only be committing yourself to one small action, but YOU can make a difference! And telling your friends, family, neighbours or us about it is a further small but signifcant step.
Here are some example pledges:-
.....including blanks for you to fill in yourself when creating your own pledge.
Here's what to do:-
- See the pledges already made by others so far (below)
- Decide on the pledge you're going to make
- Make your own "pledge card" by writing your pledge in large, clear letters on a card or piece of paper, OR customise a printed copy of one of the above pre-prepared pledge cards (click on an image above to get a large version, or pick from the entire collection downloadable/viewable in PDF format, then print)
- Take a photo of your pledge card (optionally showing you/others holding it in a selfie)
- Email your photo as an attachment to (using the "Subject" line to give your picture a caption, including your name optionally)
- Note: your pledge won't appear straight away - we need to approve it for publication, though this generally won't take long
- Come to our Community Call-out, 6-7pm on Clean Air Day 21st June, to share further, celebrate the pledges, and the power of collective action, find out more from our VIP guests and each other, and join the clean air walk afterwards.
Pledges made so far:-
You can also view the above pledges in our online Flickr album.