We are active in promoting more walking. We are leading two walks in the upcoming Bristol Walkfest, and using this to launch our own walks and listings of others.
Here is a list of these walks we're helping to organise, and others we know about.
Bristol Walkfest - www.bristolwalkfest.com
This runs for the whole of May 2018, and two walks have been organised, and will be led by, Clean Air Bishopston's very own Kevin Molloy. Both are in the 'easy' category and accessible for buggies and wheelchairs:-
- Beating the Bounds of Bishopston (Northern) - Monday 14 May - details
- Beating the Bounds of Bishopston (Southern) - Monday 21 May - details
Spring Walk for Health activities - www.walkingforhealth.org.uk
- Lockleaze & Horfield Strollers, who meet every other Tuesday morning at Horfield Leisure Centre at 09.45 or Wednesday afternoon at 1.20 each week at the Hub, Gainsborough Square - contact Saliva on 0117 914 1129
- Downs Walking Programme, who meet Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 11.00 at the Water Tower cafe for short walks around the Downs - contact (Monday or Tuesday) or (Thursday)
- Westbury Walkers (a community group for over 50's), who meet every Tuesday morning by the Co-opted in Canford Lane - contact Jean Maish on 0117 330 1194.
- Sample local walks you can go on with other groups or without help
- Walking groups in or near Bishopston that you can join or support
Have we missed key walking events and activities that you think we should publicise here? If so, contact us now.