The above shows a mock-up of what the Planning section home page might look at following the makeover planned to coincide with the launch of the planning portal.
The menu options will change from those used at present to:-
- Applications - this will take the user to the planning portal in a new window
- Commentary - this will take the user to a new sub-section comprised by merging the previous "Applications" and "Developments" sub-sections; this section will offer further commentary on applications found via the portal, possibly in groups, with perhaps a thematic element
- Architecture - this will take the user to the same sub-section as at present (though it will itself be upgraded in due course to showcase better the 'virtual display boards' and provide a learning tool for good and bad architecture and design
- Policies - this will take the user to the same sub-section as the current "Our policies" sub-section, though this may have more articles on it than the curent single-article page has
- Licensing - this will take the user to the same sub-section as the current "Licensing" option, with a new preface that explains that this work is dormant but 'please let us know if you are interested in reviving it'.
The four coloured block 'teasers' shown above will provide a reinforcement of the content of the four respective sub-sections. They will look tidier when or if we use consistent images sizes.
The rest of THIS page (section landing page) will show the most recent 6 articles in any of the sub-sections, together with a message explaining how to find older articles via the sub-sections.