So what are we doing about transport bugbears and the resource wastage, and how can you help?
- to rekindle the enthusiasm and commitment to rethink how our streets are designed and managed so that Bishopston’s air gets cleaner and our streets are more livable for all ages;
- access to the existing resources including online lists of bugbears and the Council’s analysis of them;
- the existing pool of ideas and scheme proposals to be progressed, preferably with more community participation;
- practical support from Bristol City Council to enable local action by residents, including technical support and legal backup on traffic regulation orders;
- a budget that can be spent on minor, but viable and powerful, bugbear-reducing schemes.
Our campaign is calling for all of these to be put in place.
You can help beat the bugbears. We're building a group of residents who will work together to develop and champion traffic projects that will clean up our air.