The bicycle is a perfect form of transport. It has minimal impact on the local environment, which means it doesn’t contribute to congestion, pollution or the general degradation to our urban environments.
Often getting started or back into cycling can be a barrier, but there are many local organisation which can help.
Lifecycle is a charity which promotes and supports new and established cyclists. In Bristol, with funding from Bristol City Council, Lifecycle can offer: Adult Lessons, Children's Lessons, Training in Schools, Training at the Workplace.
Group Rides are available for: over 55s, Wellbeing, Tandem rides, Cycle Buddies (help to get started or return to cycling) and Young People. For more info see https://www.lifecycleuk.org.uk
Better by Bike also will get you cycling by lending bikes FREE of charge. Types of bikes offered (subject to availability) are:-
- Hybrid bikes – for city commuting and leisure cycling
- Folding bikes – lightweight and easy to store
- Electric bikes – great for helping you get up those steep hills!
For more information:-
- see https://betterbybike.info/start-cycling/get-a-bike/loanbikes for more on this scheme;
- if you are worried about maintaining a bike look here for advice and help https://betterbybike.info/bike-repairs.