Businesses on Gloucester Road are being balloted on the question of whether or not to continue to have a Business Improvement District (BID).
The Bishopston Society is urging traders to vote in favour of this. We're also asking shoppers to lobby shopkeepers to do the same.
Did the old BID do things that were of benefit to our neighbourhood? We think so because, among other things, it –
- worked with Gloucester Road Central and others to provide the lovely banners along the Road;
- provided funding for BCR Street Scene to remove tagging and litter around the neighbourhood;
- supported various seasonal events and Christmas lights;
- has led or stimulated various imaginative local initiatives including a new contactless charity donation point;
- is working with us and other community organisations (as well as business members) to improve our area and improve community-trader relationships for the common good.
GRBID has also been recognised more widely and has won multiple prestigious awards.