From Clive Stevens:
Dear Friend of Bristol’s trees – You may know I am stepping down as Chair of the TreeForum in January 2015 (my 3 & 1/2 years are up). I do plan to stand as Vice Chair but we will need a Chair or 2 Co-Chairs to take the helm during 2015 and onwards (Could be a gradual handover?).
It is really important this job is done, the TreeForum has proved itself a robust body holding politicians and officers to account, protecting and planting trees and has a long term strategy to make tree funding sustainable. It would be a disaster for the current and future residents of Bristol if we lost momentum.
Below, I list the activities I currently do and should be doing. I don’t have to stop them all, and even if you don’t want to become Chair, if you take on one of these activities it will help the team.
Tree Forum – tasks:
- Planning: Commenting on Policy (BCS9, BCAP, DM15 and DM17 and Sth Glos)
- Commenting on individual planning applications.
- Chairing meeting, setting the agenda, allowing debate, summarising, checking the minutes
- Communications: Maintaining the website, writing press releases and articles, talks, forums
- Focus: For the public who notify if they have tree related problems and I pass on to the appropriate person/organisation.
- Network: Liaise with other groups e.g. Parks Forum, 2015, TDAG…
- Council: Work on putting the Tree Forum’s opinion across (Officers, Councillors, Assistant and Mayor).
- NPs: Liaise with Neighbourhood Partnerships to get trees as a priority and help with planting.
- Recruit: tree champions, train and support them.
- Strategy: Vision (Tree Canopy) and actions that can support that undertaken by volunteers.
- Fund raise: (Yet to start).